Virechana is the second amongst the five detoxifying – cleansing therapies broadly known as Shodhana therapies. It helps in clearing the lower part of the body & is the best remedial solution for Pitta dosha.
- Bronchial asthma
- Acid peptic disorders
- Skin disorders
- Hepatic disorders
Prior to the Virechana procedure, the patient is subjected to oleation and fomentation. The internal oleation is done for three to seven days followed by a medicated steam bath performed for three days. Certain factors like body and mind constitution, age of the person, mental condition should be considered, while opting for Virechana karma. Based on this, the patient is given specially formulated Virechan medicine under the supervision of ayurvedic physician.
Before therapy :
- A light and warm diet is prescribed for the patient, a day before starting Virechana karma.
After therapy :
- The patient has to follow a strict dietary regimen as suggested by the physician
- Lightness of the body
- Increase in appetite
- Reduction of skin patches, plagues and dryness as in psoriasis, eczema & dermatitis.
- Improves immunity
- Enhances healthy digestion and regulates metabolism
- Minimizes intensity of chronic diseases